Marketers still place a high value on social media.
83% of marketers surveyed by Social Media Examiner indicate that social media is important to their business. 73% of event organizers surveyed by Amiando indicate that social media is important to their conferences, events and meetings.
Clearly social media is a fad that’s gone rad and part of the norm.
2012 Interesting Social Media Stats For Marketing And Events
Here are some interesting 2012 social media stats comparing business marketers and event organizers.
Top Five Social Media Tools
The top five social media tools/networks for business used by 3,800 marketers according to Social Media Examiner 2012 Social Media Report and in order of priority are:
The top five social media tools/networks used by 1,000 international event organizers according to Amiando 2012 Social Media Events Research and in order of priority are:
- Facebook (84%)
- Twitter (61%)
- Xing (48%)
- YouTube (42%)
- LinkedIn (41%)
Social Network Most Interested In Learning More About And Planning To Use More
Both business marketers (75%) and event organizers (40%) have the most interest in learning more about using Google+ for their businesses.
76% of marketers have identified video marketing as the top spot for their future marketing plans.
Top Five Benefits Of Social Media Marketing
The top five benefits of social media marketing according to Social Media Examiner 2012 Report are:
- Generating more business exposure (85%)
- Increasing traffic (69%)
- Providing marketplace insight (65%)
- Generating leads (58%)
- Developing loyal fans (58%)
The top five social media goals of event organizers according to Amiando 2012 Social Media Event Research are:
- Raise awareness of event (70%)
- Raise awareness of brand (70%)
- Increase customer loyalty (65%)
- Creating a new communication channel (52%)
- Generating leads (37%)
Social Media Helped Them Improve
- 85% of marketers said that their social media efforts increased exposure of their business. 95% of marketers using social media for three years or more agree.
- 65% of marketers who spend more than 30+ hours a week on social media networks earn new business through their efforts
- 58% of marketers who have been using social media for more than three years report it helped them improve sales.
- 72% of marketers using social media for three years or more saw new business partnerships increase. 44% of marketers using social media at least six months also saw business partnerships increase. 56% of those using social media six to ten hours a week saw partnerships increase.
- Nearly 76% of event organizers report initial success using social media for their conferences, events and meetings.
- 53% event organizers said that social media increased the familiarity of their event.
- 51% event organizers said that social media increased the familiarity of their brand.
- 41% event organizers said that social media increased their customer loyalty.
How Often Are Event Organizers Publishing In Social Media
- 30% of event organizers publish up to 10 items in social networks every week.
- 36% post more than 25 items each week.
It’s clear that both business marketers and event organizers see enormous potential in social media for their businesses. Both are seeking to expand those activities and its benefits.
The above piece is syndicated content. The original blog post: Social Media And Events Continue To Grow (and much much more!) can be found on Velvet Chainsaw's Midcourse Corrections blog.