Chart House in Weekhawken still has tickets available!
Some of the best views of the MACY's fireworks are from the New Jersey waterfront. If you decide to view the fireworks from there, please plan plenty of time because there will be large crowds, heavy traffic and road closings beginning some time between 4pm-7pm, depending upon the traffic. Plan to arrive early and/or take public transportation.
All of the NJ waterfront restaurants with views of the fireworks are sold out. However, the Chart House in Weehawken is selling access to their deck which extends out onto the river at their location in Lincoln Harbor in Weehawken. Tickets at $40pp will be sold that evening to walk-ups on a first-come, first served basis. This may be the single best spot to view the fireworks - so plan to get there early!
- Along River Road and Boulevard East
- Pier A Park located at Sinatra Drive and First Street
- All along Frank Sinatra Drive (there will be a street fair from noon-10pm)
- Maxwell Place Park right on the waterfront between 11th and 12th Street
- 14th street fishing pier. (The City of Hoboken recommends visitors to take public transportation, as there can be up to four hours of traffic and some streets will be closed. There are checkpoints to get through to the waterfront and no liquor is allowed. )
- Riverview Fish Park in the Heights (take the elevator off the 9th Street Light Rail Station in Hoboken)
- Exchange Place's waterfront walkway.
- NOTE: There is no view of the fireworks from Liberty State Park.
- Freeman Park, which is located on 74th Street and Boulevard East.
- Boulevard East in front of the mall
- Hamilton Park which is on top of the Cliff
- Lincoln Harbor Park, which is east of the Port Imperial Boulevard. However, only Weehawken residents will be able to go to Lincoln Harbor Park. Proof of residency will be required.
WEST NEW YORK
- Donnelly Park, located at Boulevard East and 60th Street
- Veteran's Park
- Along JFK Boulevard from 60th to 67th Streets